here you are the solution to the reinforcement and extension activities I gave you today with the aim of helping you in your preparation of next exam.
1. (The order of the missing words is:) space, blue, sphere, poles, hemispheres, equator, northern, southern.
2. – Northern hemisphere: 39% land; 61% water.
– Southern hemisphere: 19% land; 81% water.
3. (I’m sure you knew how to label the diagram)
4. The Solar System is made up of the Sun, eight planets, three dwarf planets and a series of celestial bodies: comets, asteroids and satellites.
5. Spring begins in the southern hemisphere: 3
Spring begins in the northern hemisphere: 4
The southern hemisphere has more hours…: 2
The northern hemisphere has more hours…: 1
6. – Unlike planets, dwarf planets share their orbits with other celestial bodies.
– Inner planets are those closer to the Sun. They are rocky and have few satellites. Outer planets are further from the Sun. They are gaseous and orbited by many satellites.
7. From closest to the Sun to furthest away: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
1. Lima: 6 a.m.; Moscow: 2 p.m.; Nairobi: 2 p.m.; Beijing: 7 p.m.; Athens: 1 p.m.; Sydney: 11 p.m.; New Delhi: 6.30 p.m.; New York: 6 a.m.; Montevideo: 8 a.m.
2. (The answers to this activity depend on the planet you’ve chosen).
Good luck in the exam!!